Lunes, Marso 19, 2012

Almost Zenith

        It was almost noon, and the heat of the sun I could feel getting into my bones. But then, I walked in a calm pace and I was at ease that everything will soon be well after this journey I will take.

        In the silence of the streets my feet followed, I can hear a voice in the wind bringing forth a whisper of cheer and encouragement. I’ve heard various voices on the side as I passed through the alley though some were negative but I was deaf enough to hear even the accolades for I did not mind the sounds from the sides. 

      I was looking upfront to my point of destination, to where I want to be and when I finally reached the edifice where I would take my steps up to what I call zenith.

         The high point I dreamed to be in and as I made a stride through the stairway and it was tough. There were those steep points and I grasped a breath or more to cope with such strenuous act I have got into. People I met along the way were of varied kinds and for some, a smile would do and some would be inviting as you converse with them but I was not to stay long for I was up to what I wanted to reach. But there were some willing to accompany you through the journey. 

         As for me, I am brittle and slow to faint. I always fall but standing up would be the best option and as I rise wiping the rain of tears from eyes, I bring with me the strength I have acquired from the little rest when I laid flat on the path when I fainted. Inescapable struggles come along but I found myself stronger as I came through. Many disappointing times I almost took by the heart but then, I thought of what I’ve hurdled on my way up, I tend to ignore and continue to leap higher and higher so that I could easily get to the top. But it would be impossible for trials not to confront me for it was a part of every floor I was supposed to go through.

        But then as I dwelt deep down inside the upheavals, I came up with a conclusion that I am not the same when I first took the stairs to the top of the edifice. Every floor has given me what I needed survive the even rigid challenges on my way up. It was life changing.

        As I took the way up, I never noticed I was almost at the top and a step or two would take me to sight I dreamed, the reason why I took the arduous steps. But I looked back and then down and saw that I have reached this far.

       But then, I realized the stairs took me up but sooner, I would have to take my steps down. Being at the zenith would not be forever. This is real life. Life has its ups and downs. I’ll keep in mind not the time when I was at the zenith but the gains I had from going up to the zenith.

       So at this time, I’d rather stay close to the zenith.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento